- Save up to 50% on energy efficiency improvements.*
- Get a fast return on your investment—often in less than two years.
- Enhance workplace productivity through streamlined operations.
The BGE Energy Solutions for Business program provides financial incentives and technical assistance to help commercial and industrial facilities maximize energy efficiency and reduce costs.
Prescriptive Program Change
Due to heavy program participation in 2015, the incentive budget has been depleted. As a result, in February 2016, BGE filed with the Public Service Commission to increase the prescriptive program budget to address the depleted prescriptive incentive budget due to heavy program participation in 2015. The Commission's decision on BGE's request remains pending. Until additional funding becomes available, the following program change has been put into place.
- No prescriptive applications (new or existing), regardless of status, will be paid until additional funding is approved.
- All new applications will now require pre-approval regardless of the incentive amount.
Prescriptive applications include Retrofit Lighting, New Construction Performance Lighting, Unitary HVAC, Variable Frequency Drives, Chillers, Geothermal, Kitchen, Refrigeration, Appliance and Plug Load Equipment.
As of April 20, 2016, all new applications, regardless of the incentives amount, must be pre-approved. BGE is continuing to accept new applications and will put them on a reservation list by date as they are received. Once additional funding is available, applications will be reviewed in the order in which they were received.
Any new prescriptive applications begun without pre-approval will be denied an incentive.
For incentives totaling less than $5,000, prescriptive applications did not need pre-approval prior to April 20, 2016. For applications with an equipment invoice date prior to April 20, 2016, BGE will accept prescriptive applications with incentives totaling less than $5,000 if they are submitted within 60 days of the invoice date; these accepted prescriptive applications will be reviewed and put on a waitlist to be processed for payment once additional funding is available. All applications for which we already do not have a submitted application with equipment purchased after April 20, 2016 will not be eligible for incentives.
BGE will put all existing applications, regardless of status, on a waitlist:
- Applications without pre-approval as of April 20 will not be reviewed and will be immediately put on the waitlist in "Application Received – On Hold" status. Once additional funding is available, applications will be processed in the order in which they were received. Any existing prescriptive application begun without pre-approval will be denied an incentive.
- Previously pre-approved applications can finish installing their approved equipment and send BGE the completion documents for final review. They will be reviewed and upon approval put in "Final Project Approval Complete – Payment On Hold" status. Once additional funding is available, these applications will be processed in the order in which they were received.
- Applications under $5,000 in incentives completed and submitted prior to April 20 will be reviewed and upon approval put in "Final Project Approval Complete – Payment On Hold" status. Once additional funding is available, these applications will be processed in the order in which they were received.
Payment of an incentive for existing prescriptive applications, regardless of status, is on-hold until additional funding is secured.*
*Applications that have already received a payment approval letter, indicating that a check will be sent in 6-8 weeks, will not be affected. The check will still arrive in 6 to 8 weeks.
Other Program Applications
The above changes do not affect any of the other BGE Energy Solutions for Business Program applications. We will continue to process the Custom, Comprehensive New Construction, and Multifamily applications as normal, and the Small Business Energy Solutions, Building Tune-up, Combined Heat and Power and Instant Lighting Discounts programs will not be affected.
Whether you're planning to retrofit inefficient equipment, start a new construction project, launch a major renovation, purchase new equipment or replace equipment at the end of its lifespan, BGE can offer your business:
- Technical services to help you analyze specific projects
- Financial incentives that cover up to 50% of the total cost for retrofit projects and up to 75% of the incremental cost for new construction projects*
- Flexibility to have the work done by your in-house staff, a contractor of your choice or a participating Service Provider
- Choice to have incentives paid to you or to your service provider
The Energy Solutions for Business program is open to all nonresidential customers in the BGE service territory (Rate Schedule G, GS, GL, P and T) regardless of your electricity and/or gas supplier. To determine your rate schedule, look under the "Electric Details" section of your BGE bill.
To optimize your building's existing energy performance without significant capital investments, check out our Building Tune-up Program.
For more ways to save on lighting, check out our Instant Lighting Discounts.
For additional information on the energy needs of your particular business, check out our Business Energy Advisor.
*The amount of financial incentives vary based on the scope of the project.