Here's a bright idea! Switching to ENERGY STAR® certified lighting can help you save energy and money. And, with discounts, rebates and recycling rewards from the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program®, you can save even more!
Receiving your discount is easy! Instant discounts from the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program are included in your purchase price—so stock up and start saving energy and money today!
How do LEDs and CFLs compare to traditional incandescent bulbs?
- Energy Efficiency. LEDs use about 90% less energy. CFLs use about 75% less energy.
- Cost Savings. Improved energy efficiency means each bulb can save you $30 to $80 in electricity costs over its lifetime.*
- Long Life. LEDs last up to 25 times longer, while CFLs last up to 10 times longer. You don’t have to replace them as often, which is great for hard-to-reach light fixtures.
- Variety. LEDs and CFLs come in a variety of styles, lumens and temperatures—from dimmable candelabras to bright spotlights—so you’ll find options to fit almost any fixture in your home.
- Instant Discounts. Select ENERGY STAR certified LEDs and CFLs qualify for instant discounts, which saves you even more!